Is there any legal permission that will allow me to bring my sick mother to the US from Juarez to take care of her until she gets better?

Asked on July 2, 2012 under Immigration Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you are a United States citizen or have legal residency to be in this country, then potentially you can apply at the United States' Immigration and Naturalization Service office for a temporary visa to bring your ill mother to this country so that you can take care of her.

You need to be aware that the assigned agent will need to know if there is health care insurance in effect for your mother and what type of illness does she have. I suggest that you consult with an attorney that practices in the area of immigration law to assist you further in your endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.