Is there a difference between “parent joint managing conservator” vs physical and shared legal custody”?

I have an agreed order in my possession. It’s worded we both are appointed parent joint managing conservators and we both have right to designate primary residence of children with no one paying child support.

Asked on July 30, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written with respect to the document that you are quoting concerning your question the two terms that you have stated essentially means that the parents have joint custody over a given child but the issue of which parent that the minor child will reside with primarily as to physical custody has yet to be determined.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.