is it posible to get a child back after he/she’s been put for adoption?

Asked on September 20, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You inquired as to whether you can get a child back after he/she has been put up for adoption.  You did not clarify whether the adoption has already been concluded in a court of law.  If the adoption is not yet final, you will need to (without wasting any time) immediately retain the services of an attorney to contest the adoption.  Once the adoption has been finalized, the matter is then concluded.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.