Is a protection order with the wrong birth year of the respondent enforceable?

I received a protection order against me and i have an order against her. The police officer is not enforcing mine

because she filed first but her order has got the wrong birthday for me. Does this make it invalid and mine recorded

correctly valid?

Asked on May 29, 2017 under Criminal Law, Washington


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

No, an incorrect birthdate does not void or invalidate the protection order. Courts do not invalidate legal orders, contracts, wills, etc. for minor errors that do not affect the fundamental terms or purpose of the  document. Your birthday does not invalidate this agreement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.