Is 50,000 to much for spinal whiplash

Auto accident, never had medical bills til now on going theropy needed

Asked on June 1, 2009 under Accident Law, Oklahoma


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Without reviewing your medical records, it is impossible to say whether you are likely to recover $50,000.00, however, that is usually more than one would be able to recover for a typical whiplash case.  Nevertheless, in the interest of obtaining the best possible settlement and/or judgment, you should consult with a skilled personal injury attorney so that he or she can help you prepare your file.  Your personal injury attorney will probably advise you that you should continue treating and receiving therapy until you receive something called a "permanency rating," which is something that your doctor assigns to your injuries to indicate to indicate how permanent your injuries are, and how serious they will remain.  Obviously, the higher the permanency rating, generally the higher the settlement.  Once that permanency rating is assigned to your injuries, your attorney should be able to better estimate the amount of money that you are likely to recover.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.