What recourse do I have if I was injured on a golf course last month involving a person accidentally running over me with a cart and crushing my foot?

Surgery has been done and I have 9 fractures in foot with a long recovery underway. The golf course has no liability in this incident in my opinion, so I never contacted them. The individual who ran over me is a work associate, however speaking with him last night letting him know that my medical insurance wants to know who the driver was and the fact that I have spent $5K out of pocket already for co-pays, he seemed luke warm to doing anything. He seemed offended that I told him I paid $5K for medical expenses and bothered to tell him that.

Asked on July 16, 2014 under Personal Injury, California


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If the dirver of the golf cart was negligent, you may have a lawsuit against that individual. Nothing in your post indicates that the golf course was negligent.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.