Injunction against a business

My boyfriend and I have money tied up together in a business. How do I go about getting an injunction on the business so he doesn’t spend the money without me?

Asked on June 25, 2009 under Business Law, Washington


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area of the law.  You are not going to be able to prevent your boyfriend from operating the business and spending money in the ordinary course of the biz.  However, you can move to dissolve the business or ask that your interested in the business be bought out by him.  If you believe that your boyfriend is going to steal from the business then you should see a lawyer asap to file a prejudgment remedy and an appointment of a receiver to dissolve the business asap.   Do not waste time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.