Inhaling bleach fumes on a daily basis while at work

Inhale bleach fumes daily with no proper ventilation
or protective equipment. Have asked GM about
getting some with no response. Have been ill feeling
for almost a month with a persistent cough. I have no
personal insurance and don’t believe my employer
carries any either.

Asked on September 20, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you can file a workers' compensation claim and receive medical treatment and compensation for your injury.  Your employer should have the appropriate forms for filing a workers' compensation claim.
It would also be advisable to file a confidential complaint with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regarding the hazardous condition of inhaling bleach fumes without proper ventilation or protective equipment.  See

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.