If 14 years ago someone was charged with battery but did not pay court fees and attend anger management classes, can the court make him to do so now?

This was the only time he ever got in trouble. Can the court make him pay the fees and attend the classes after all this time?

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Criminal Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely possible that if one was sentenced to pay court fees and attend classes for anger management for a crime that he or she was convicted of years ago but failed to do, the court could issue an order to show cause for contempt of a court order for failing to do what was ordered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.