If I pled guilty to a class B misdemeaner 2 years ago, is there any way to get it expunged from my record so I can get a good job?

I was 19 at the time.

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely possible that you might be able to get the misdemeanor that you have written about expunged albeit the court system usually does not want to see a petition for an expungement until at least five (5) years after the conviction. I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in the matter you are writing about and to give you guidance as to how you wish to proceed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.