If 7 years ago, while in high school, I was involved in a minor car accident and had my license suspended 4 years ago, what can I do to get it reinstated?

The car I was driving was insured and myself and the other driver were able to drive our vehicles away. Well 4 years ago, I received a letter that my driver’s license had been suspended due to safety responsibility judgment.

Asked on November 21, 2013 under Accident Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to hire an attorney at this point to see if you were entitled to an administrative due processi hearing and either didn't receive proper notice or received an unfair ruling without your presence. This is what you will need to do to figure out what occurred and how it can be reinstated. It may require a new hearing or review to reinstate.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.