What to do if I’m in a child support case and my ex will not tell them I was giving her direct payments from the military?

Is their a way that I can have her bank records subpenoaed without being represented by a lawyer?

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Family Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You could serve a subpoena duces tecum on your ex demanding she show up with those papers.  That would be the simplest thing to do.  It is always prudent to make child support payments by personal check with "child support" written in the memo line.

Best of luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.