Im being sued. What kind of lawyer do I need

I was intoxicated and hit a lady from behind. She is now suing me for medical bills, lost wages and punitive damage. What kind of lawyer do I seek?

Asked on October 2, 2017 under Accident Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to speak with an attorney who handles DUI cases.  You can find a DUI attorney online or in the Yellow Pages or you can get a referral from your County Bar Association to a DUI attorney in your vicinity.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.