If have legal temporary custody of my daughter and she is with her mother but I cannot locate her, what can do?

Asked on September 22, 2012 under Family Law, Maryland


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you have legal temporary custody of your granddaughter and you cannot locate her you must immediately contact Lisa about the case of the production you should also contact for and determined that possibly the mother is under a violation of any kind of restraining order or custody agreement further the child protective services is involved you must inform that particular agency.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.