If your wife was hurt in a car accident and she can’t have sex because her neck and back hurts, can you sue?

Asked on November 14, 2013 under Personal Injury, New Jersey


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Most states recognize a claim for loss of consortium if your wife was not the at-fault party in the car accident.  Generally, your wife would file a personal injury claim and you would join her as a plaintiff with your loss of consortium claim.  You should consult a personal injury attorney in your state about this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.