If you withdraw from a college and it wants to charge you for a semester, however since you have no education for it do, you have to pay?

Asked on January 18, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Here is the thing: colleges generally have deadlines for withdrawal and for return of the funds.  If you do not do so in the time an manner stated then yes, you will be responsible to pay.  I am unclear what you mean by "since you have no education for it."  If they did not live up to their end of the bargain that may be another story.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.