If you get a denial letter from USCIS regarding an application to adjust status and also to depart within 30 days, could a lawyer help you with that?

Asked on November 4, 2011 under Immigration Law, New York


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

It really depends on what the basis for the AOS application was (employment based, family based, etc) and what the stated reason for the denial is.  A lawyer can definitely assist but a lawyer cannot perform magic.  If there are reasons for your inadmissibility, there is not much an attorney can do.  Again, this is a very generic question so you get a very generic response.  If you want to provide additional information about your situation, you might get a more relevant response to your circumstances.  Otherwise, you should probably consult iwth an immigration attorney regarding your specific situation.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.