If we are going to court for probation violation hearing in the county we use to live in, can we get the hearing changed to the new county we live now

My husband is going to court on probation violations in the county we use to live in, where they are deciding whether he should be allowed to go back on probation. But we now live in another county. And I don’t understand why we should fight to get back on probation in that county when we won’t be living there anymore, and it is going to have to be switched any way.

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Missouri


Sean C Santoro / Santoro Traffic Law Office

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Probation violations generally must go before the same court that originally passed sentence. What exactly do you mean "it is going to have to be switched anyway"? Email me at sean@roadlawyer.net or call 785 766 0794 for more information.

Sean Santoro

Santoro Law Office

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.