If your plea agreement said to give 1 clean UA in 6 months, can the DA change it to 6 consecutive clean UA’s?

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the plea agreement that you have with the district attorney's office that you have written about has been entered into and memorialized on the record via court transcripts and minutes the agreement is the agreement and it cannot be legally changed.

The issue from what I see that you have written is whether or not the plea deal is completed via court approval or not.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.