if my vehicle was totaled by a comany truck what if any compensation am i eligible for

i was T boned when a guy ran a red light .in a company truck .he admitted to if
and i have video evidence i am not in a good financial state to replace my
vehicle do i have any recourse

Asked on June 8, 2016 under Accident Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, if he was at-fault (which appears to be the case, based on what you write, since he was driving carelessly if he went through a red light), he is potentially liable (or financially responsible) for the then-current fair market value ("blue book" value) of your car, plus other direct out-of-pocket losses you suffered, like towing cost, cost to rent a car for a reasonable time while buying a new one, lost wages for the day of the accident, etc. If you don't have insurance which will cover your losses, you could sue the driver and also the owner of the truck (if not the same as him).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.