If my son was arrested for family vilence and causing bodily injury, what would be the steps we need to take?

Asked on October 1, 2013 under Criminal Law, Texas


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The first step you should take is to hire a criminal defense attorney.  If you can not afford one, one will be appointed by the court.  Your son should meet with his attorney who will advise him what course of action is best given the unique facts of his case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.