If my record says, a year after my felony diversion, ORDER OF DISMISSAL, why is the felony still on my record and what can I do to get it vacated?

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If more than a year has passed post your felony diversion and there is no dismissal of the criminal charge against you, the reason for this is due to the fact that you have not filed a motion with the court to have the criminal charge dismissed. I suggest that you consult with a criminal law attorney for help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.