If my ex-fiance has my deceased mothe’sr ring and the law in my state says that I can legally take it back, what happens if my ex now lives in Russia?

How do I go about this?

Asked on November 15, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your "ex" now lives in Russia you can make a demand upon the "ex" for the ring you want. If the ring is not delivered, your recourse is to file a suit against the "ex" in the States and assuming you prevail then you have the challenge of trying to get the ring back in your possession.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.