If I wasn’t properly served a subpoena to testify in court as a victim and so missed the court date, can a bench warrant be put out for me for contempt of court?

Asked on November 8, 2012 under Personal Injury, Idaho


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you failed to attend court regarding a trial subpoena and a bench warrant was issued for your arrest, there is a good chance that if you were not properly served with it that the warrant can be recalled. I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.