If I was to end up in a divorce and wanted full custody of my child, would it help in my favor if I had proof that my wife was cheating on me while married?

Asked on December 4, 2012 under Family Law, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this county the alleged infidelity of one spouse during the marriage does not have an impact with respect to custodial issues between the two parents pending the dissolution and afterwards. Given what you have written about I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to assist you on your matter of inquiry.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.