If I was hit by a vehicle while walking in a crosswalk, what should I do?

I was hit by a vehicle while walking in a crosswalk in the middle of the day. The vehicle was going 10-15mph. I have back sprain, neck sprain and back spasms. I have not been back to work and not sure what to do.

Asked on July 16, 2012 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Hopefully you got the driver's information and hopefully the police were called and made a report.  First, you should contact the driver's insurance company and make a claim.  Second, see a doctor and get your medical injuries treated.  You have the right to be compensated for your injures relating to the accident.  It would be best for you to consult with a personal injury attorney.  Handling a personal injury claim on your own can be difficult.  Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.