If I took my grandsons other grandmother to court for grandparents visitation and a mutual agreement was made infront of a judge, is it contempt if the other party refuses to let me see the child?

Asked on December 12, 2012 under Family Law, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

So long as there is an agreement as to visitation with respect to your grandchildren on the record a party who refuses to abide by it can be held in contempt of the agreement. You will need to memorialize the agreement into a written order. I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney for help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.