If I suffered an injury in one city and live in another city, should a consult an attorney in the city of incident or the city of residence?

I slipped on some water at a Giant Eagle in Columbus on my way to work. I went to
the Urgent Care in Columbus. I live in Chillicothe. I have missed 2 days of work
and I am still having problems with my back and right knee. I have spoken with
Giant Eagle and explained what happened but they seem a little hesitant. I am
awaiting an appointment with my primary care for follow-up from the incident.

Asked on May 31, 2016 under Personal Injury, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

It does not matter whether the attorney you consult is located in the city where the incident occurred or in the city where you reside. For your convenience, you might want to consult an attorney in the city where you reside.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.