If I received an eviction butpaid the amount owed and have remained a tenant, is it possible to get the eviction removed from my credit report?

The court will not vacate or set aside. What are my options as this will remain on my record. Will filing bankruptcy help?

Asked on November 6, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If there has been an eviction order between you and the landlord but somehow you and the landlord have resolved the situation where you paid the back rent and are living in the unit, the landlord needs to file a satisfaction of the eviction order with an explanation as to what happened between you and him/her filed with the court.

Most likely such a filing would assist greatly in cleaning up the negative remark from your credit report. You could also ask the landlord to write a letter of explanation for you to the credit reporting agency as well.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.