If I lost my job due to my doctor’s office not providing required information to my employer, do I have any legal action against the office?

I was on leave from my job and requested ADA disability paperwork to be filled out by my doctor’s office. I paid for this to be done and the office did not complete it as requested and due to this I lost my employment. Also, I am unable to collect unemployment benefits. Is there any legal action I can take?

Asked on March 7, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Michigan


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.