If I have proof of innocence for a man who was convicted of a crime, how and who can present this information to?

I feel very strongly that I have proof that will prove a convicted man’s innocence.

Asked on December 12, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


David Lee / Law Offices of David Lee

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to take this information to the Defense Attorney that was handling this case.  If the evidence is truly exculpatory, he may be able to file a motion for a new trial.  The Defense Attorney that was handling the case will evaluate the new evidence and will make the determination on how best to proceed.


For more information on Criminal Law, visit my website at:


David Lee


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.