Can I get off of probation early?

If I got charged with a felony 3 years ago. I have not gotten in any other trouble, paid my fine off and did community service. It was my first offense.

Asked on August 15, 2013 under Criminal Law, Georgia


Maury Beaulier /

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You ay file a Motion seeking a release from probation.  However, if your probation officer does not support the motion, chances of early release would be unlikely unless you have a compelling reason. You must speak with an experienced lawyer.


Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.