If I got a ticket for indecent exposure but the officer wrote down the wrong driver’s license information, can I get the citation voided on procedures?

Asked on February 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, Kansas


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Speak with a local attorney in your area, but in Michigan, if a the police officer enters the wrong identification information on the ticket, an attorney can argue that the ticket is "Void on its Face", which informs the judge that the ticket was written up improperly. You must know however that this is not an automatic void if the Judge determines that the misidentification was harmless and there is still enough sufficient evidence identifying the person on the ticket. Contact an Attorney and give it a try!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.