If I completed my 90 day court mandated residential treatment, will I be able to get my court fine revoked in order to get my drivers license back?

I owe a great deal of money to the county and because I did residential treatment I needed to quit my job and haven’t been able to find one. What I need to know is there any assistance, financially, I can get to pay these fines so I can get a driver’s license?

Asked on February 20, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Unless your sentence allows you to get back the court fine issued against you subject to completion of your 90 day court mandated residential treatment you will not get the fine revoked. As such, I suggest that you carefully read your sentencing report in that the answer to your question will be there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.