If I bring my mortgage current do I have to pay attorney fees and late charges to stop the foreclosure sale?

Asked on November 28, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

In all likelihood, if you bring your mortgage current after not making certain monthly payments, you will have to pay the attorneys fees and late charges also to stop the foreclosure proceeding.

You should have received certain notices from your lender about the costs to stop the foreclosure and cure where all of the associated costs should be designated upon the noice. If you have additional questions as to the amount needed to cure, you should contact your lender for the pay off to cure.

You may need to also need your mortage and loan agreement as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.