IfI signed a contract the dealership didn’t provided itemized costs and charged hidden fees doI still have a case in civil court?

I purchased a used car from an authorized dealership on the price we agreed upon, yet I ended up paying $3000 more than the agreed price. Without providing any vehicle service record (lied about no service record) and itemized cost on the contract, I was tricked into signing . Made several calls to the dealership, they kept avoiding me and telling me hat I already signed the contract, nothing can be changed or done. I am not trying to break the contract or return the car, I jut want to get rid of that 3000 on my financing contract. My question is can i win in small claim court

Asked on November 3, 2011 under General Practice, New York


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

The answer to your question will be found in the contract of sale and/or financing agreement you signed. If the agreement(s) you signed gave a certain price and did not note that there may be additional charges of certain types or kinds, then that is enforceable--so if you signed agreements stating that the price was, say, $20,000, with no other fees or costs, you can enforce that.

On the other hand, if you signed a contract of sale of sale for, say, $20,000, but that price only applied to a

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.