If a child is hit and injured by a moving vehicle, how should the lawsuit be filed if their parents are divorced but they have joint custody?

Asked on October 2, 2014 under Personal Injury, Ohio


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Make an appointment with a personal injury attorney.  S/he will know how best to  structure the lawsuit, in terms of who will represent the interests of the minor child, in your state.  Generally either parent can do it.  But you need to use a personal injury attorney so you recover the most insurance money for your child.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.