If a criminal case was “non-filed” can they re-file it or is it done?

Asked on October 23, 2014 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If a decision was made not to file a criminal case, the case may still be filed up to the date of the statute of limitations.  This would not be a re-filing, since the decision was made not to file it at some point in time.  But if additional evidence appears before the statute has run, the decision may be changed and the charge filed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.