i would like to look at a house that is listed by a realtor and owned by my husbands ex wife. the realtor called me and ask if i would buy the house but will not show it to me. can i report her?

My husband quit claim the house to his wife in the divorce. She was not ordered to refinance it and it is now 5 months behind in payments. We already have a court date for contempt charges, that keeps getting delayed. We would like to see the inside of the house to see what shape it is in since their have been renters in there recently that she evicted 1 month before their lease was up.

Asked on November 5, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can report the realtor to the realtor licening board, but that will not necessarily help you get into or get the house. It may get "justice" by seeing the realtor punished, but that's all it will do. 
Note if you do not have the money to pay the mortgage arrears and then after that carry the monthly payments, you won't the house back: if the mortgage is not paid, the lendercan foreclose on it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.