I would like to include my nephew on my timeshare deed. Can I type my own deed?

Asked on June 26, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is always best if an attorney who knows what is required for the preparation and filing of a deed prepares it.  Pennsylvania may have certain requirements for adding your nephew (consideration) and the timeshare may also have certain requirements as well.  You should contact the management company about this and a real estate attorney as well.  You can look here at attorneypages.com for starters.  Remember that there are fees involved in filing the deed too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.