What to do if I went for a walk on a gravel road that has a small footbridge at the end of it which is on city property and I slipped and fell on loose unstable ground?

I broke my leg (tib, fib and spiral fracture). I have spent 3 months so far in a cast and have been unable to walk, drive or work.

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Personal Injury, Arizona


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am sorry to hear about your injury.  First, you need to determine who is responsible for the maintenance of the property.  In order for someone to be liable to you for your injuries, you need to show that they had a duty to you and that they breached their duty.  You also need to show that because of their breach, you suffered damages.  I would suggest that you contact a personal injury attorney in your area and seek a consultation.  He or she will be able to hear all of the facts of your case and give you a more fully informed opinion with respect to your situation and what your legal options may be.  Good luck to you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.