If I was working as a lease operator for a trucking firm an was injured in a vehicle accident, what are my rights?

The company deducted payments for a disability policy. At this time, the insurer is covering my medical except for PT, which they have capped at 36 visits. What recourse do I have if I am not able to perform my duties as required by DOT laws or pass their physical requirements?

Asked on July 24, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Arkansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Since you suffered an on the job injury you are subject to your state's worker's compensation laws and the worker's compensation policy of your employer that was presumably in effect when you were injured.

As such, you should consult with a worker's compensation attorney about your matter to see what compensation you would be entitled to if you cannot do the work you were doing and what training you would be entitled to for another type of vocation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.