If 18 years ago I was sentenced to 2 years probation in federal court for distribution of steroids and credit card fraud, is it possible to get my record expunged?

Or at least get it sealed from prospective employers?

Asked on August 21, 2013 under Criminal Law, Maine


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about there is a possibility that you may be able to get your cirminal conviction expunged and your criminal file sealed since usually 5 years is the minimum time period needed to file for an expungement of a criminal conviction. I suggest that you consult with a competent criminal defense attorney with much experience in expungements.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.