How do I transfer my sentence out of state?

I was sentenced to 120 days for my 3rd and final DUI in another state; I have since moved. The judge will let me do my sentence here. My previous attorney said that the judge is willing to accept me being in a work furlong, work release or serve my jail time on off days from work. I was wondering how to set that up with the Sheriff’s department.

Asked on July 26, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to try and get your punishment for the crime that you committed set up to do work furlough in another state per permission of the sentencing judge in the state where the crime occurred is to have the probation department of the county and state where your sentence occurred contact the probation department of the county and state where you will be residing to set up the paper work for the work furlough regarding you between the two offices.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.