If I was recently injured during a waxing service that required immediate medical attention, what steps should I take next to obtain compensation?

Asked on May 31, 2012 under Personal Injury, Washington


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

When you complete your medical treatment and are released by the doctor, obtain your medical bills, medical reports, and documentation of any wage loss.  Your personal injury claim should include these items and should be filed with the waxing company's insurance carrier.  Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement.  Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.  The medical reports will document the nature and extent of your injury and will be used to determine compensation for pain and suffering, which is an amount in addition to the medical bills.  If the case is settled with the wasing company's insurance carrier, NO lawsuit is filed.  If you are dissatisfied with settlement offers from the waxing company's insurance carrier, reject the settlement offers and file a lawsuit for negligence against the waxing company.  If the case is NOT settled with the waxing company's insurance carrier, you will need to file your lawsuit for negligence against the waxing company prior to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations or you will lose your rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.