i was recently employed by a company who had to show time sheets to the department of labor, the handed out false time sheets.

they claimed i was another person on the job, to keep labor costs down,(it was a family owned and opperated buisness.) sent fake time sheets to the department of labor claiming i was paid prevailing wage and wasnt, getting paid anything close to that.

Asked on May 21, 2009 under Business Law, Illinois


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to take whatever proof you have, about all of this, to the Department of Labor, to enforce your rights.  Under the law, your employer cannot retaliate against you for doing this, and if anything like that happens -- or if some other fake reason is used for firing you after you do this -- you should see an employment attorney in your area.  One place to find a qualified lawyer is our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.