I was rear ended and have neck and back pain can I get a settlement from the guy that rear ended me?

Asked on May 29, 2009 under Accident Law, Wisconsin


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If the other driver was at fault - which it sounds like is the case - you can get compensated.  I think that you need to make sure you have a lawyer help you so that you can maximize the amount of the settlement as opposed to wheeling and dealing with the driver's insurance company on your own.  Insurance companies will try to take advantage of you without a lawyer and try to get you to settle for much less than what you should get to save money.  A lawyer in this field is only going to collect money if you collect money - so its a win win situation.  I suggest seeing a doctor ASAP if you have not already and go see a car accident lawyer in Wisconsin to get your case started.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.