What to do if I was pulled over for an unknown reason because the officer refused to answer my question as to why and I was given a ticket for an expired license?

I was then unable to appear for my court date because I was unable to find a ride there considering it was 3 hours away and I couldn’t drive myself. I now have a warrant out. In order to turn myself in, I need to be able to drive so I can show up for work (30 minutes away) and make enough money for gas to have someone drive me that far. Is there any way I can either have them move my case to the county/town I reside in or possibly have the warrant removed(even if only temporarily) so I can get my license back and drive myself to where I need to go?

Asked on February 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately for you the criminal matter against you where it is venued cannot be moved to accomodate your interests. You need to show up in court on the date, time and location stated to clear your warrant for the arrest and try to resolve the ticket for the expired license. I would make sure you attend the next hearing date.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.