If I was pulled over for allegedly “flipping off” an officer who then arrested me for menacing and disorderly conduct, how should I proceed at my court date?

He told me to get out of the car or he would “drag me out”.

Asked on December 2, 2015 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You need to immediately request a copy of the patrol video.  You may have to issue a subpoena to obtain it.. and the clock is ticking.
You want the video because if the officer was out of line, then the patrol video will be the best evidence of his conduct.  Prosecutors never like to go to trial with a video of an officer looking like an unjustifed jerk.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.