What to do if I was married 4 months ago but our photographer has yet to post our photos online or give us copies of them?

He is no longer responding to our attempts to communicate with him for the past 20 days. Is there anything we can do legally?

Asked on January 21, 2013 under Business Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written, I would write the photographer a letter demanding a written response to your matter as well as a posting online of the promised photographs by a certain date. Keep a copy of the letter for future use and need. If the due date comes and goes, then you should consult with a consumer law attorney about what methods of legal recourse you have to get what you paid for.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.